Membership Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are based on the constitution of the University Malaya Medical Alumni Association (further to be indicated as UMMAA). In case of any contradiction between the Terms and Conditions as displayed on this webpage and the constitution , the constitution will prevail.
- Membership is open to all alumni from Faculty of Medicine, Universiti Malaya.
B. START AND DURATION OF MEMBERSHIP
- Membership starts on the day payment of the membership has been received in the account of the UMMAA.
- Membership will last for the period as indicated in the subscription by the member. Duration can only be altered in case the member wants to become a member in a higher category or for a longer period.
- In case payment for renewal of the membership has not been received, member’s access to the website will end one month after the due payment date.
- Membership can be ended prior to the end date in cases mentioned under section E below.
C. MEMBERSHIP FEES
- Membership fees will be paid by credit card or bank transfer via the ways indicated on UMMAA’s website.
- Organizations may be granted a membership payment in kind instead of monetary payment after permission by the UMMAA Secretariat.
- Membership fees shall be set by the Council. The Council may create different categories of membership and variable levels of membership fees. Alterations to the categories of membership or the schedule of dues shall require a two-thirds majority of the Council.
- Both individual and organizational members shall have the right to participate in programs and activities of the UMMAA, subject to the rules established by the Executive Council and the Association’s constitution. In addition, individual members shall have the right to
- hold office in the Association;
- vote for elected officers;
- vote on matters referred by the Council;
- vote on changes, additions, and deletions to the constitutions;
- seek to petition the Council;
- submit announcements via UMMAA’s social media.
- Organizational and supporting members also are entitled to:
- have dedicated display room at UMMAA Events;
- have their logo and a short description about their organization on UMMAA’s website;
- individual member benefits for up to 3 (organizational membership) or up to 10 (supporting membership) representatives of their organization.
E. END OF MEMBERSHIP
- The membership ends if the membership period has ended and the member has not renewed membership.
- In case membership fees due are not paid, UMMAA has the right to terminate the membership of the member involved.
- In case a member deploys activities that may harm the interests of the UMMAA significantly, or in case a member acts in a way that in severe contradiction with UMMAA’s aims and nature, the UMMAA withholds the right to end the membership of the member involved.
- Any member has the right to terminate his or her membership before the formal end of the membership period. Termination has to be sent in writing to the UMMAA Secretariat and does not constitute any right of reimbursement of membership fees.
- End of membership, either at the end of the membership period or by intermediate termination does not constitute any right of reimbursement of membership fees.